Chocolate cake with shredded coconut and cherries
- 250 g butter
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 100 g dark muscovado sugar
- 170 g (oil free) ground almonds or 150 g raw buckwheat flour
- 50 g natural unsweetened cocoa
- 100 g shredded coconut
- 250 g cherries or berries
Chop the butter and chocolate and melt over a bain marie. Mix until well combined, remove from heat and mix in lightly whisked eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa powder and shredded coconut. Lastly add the berries and carefully mix without breaking the berries.
Pour the batter into a 20x30cm baking tin lined with parchment paper, even out the top and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes, until the top has dried. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 200 g room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 g) muscovado syrup
- 100-200 g cherries or berries
- handful of shredded or sliced coconut
Chop the chocolate and melt in a bain marie. Using a whisk mix in cream cheese and syrup and spread over cooled cake. Garnish with berries and coconut.