- 3 dl whole wheat spelt flour
- 50 ml natural yogurt
- 3 bananas (2 mashed with a fork, 1 cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 large egg
- 30 ml extra strong espresso
- 2 dl unrefined cane sugar
- 70 ml oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 dl cocoa powder
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
In a large bowl combine eggs, yogurt, oil, coffee and sugar. In a separate bowl mix flour, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and cocoa. Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones, add in mashed banana and chopped chocolate. Mix until well combined.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin. Top with two banana halves, press them lightly into the batter.
- 1 dl coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 20 g butter + a bit for greasing the tin
Mix chopped nuts, sugar and butter, scatter over the batter. Lightly press the crust into the batter.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 50-60 minutes. To check if the bread is ready, insert a cocktail stick into the centre. If it comes out clean remove from oven. Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack or a chopping board.