Shrimp with strawberries and wasabi
- 16 raw peeled tails of tiger shrimp
- Egg white
- Oil for deep-frying
- 50 g wasabi powder (plus 50 g hot water)
- 500 g thicker mayonnaise
- 40 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 200 g condensed milk without sugar
- Some green food colouring (if desired)
- 100 g strawberries (cubed or sliced)
- 100 g kiwi (cubed or sliced)
- 100 g grapes (cubed or sliced)
Dip the shrimp in the beaten egg white and dredge in starch. Fry in oil until golden brown.
To prepare the wasabi mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise, condensed milk and lemon juice. Mix the wasabi powder with the hot water and add to the mayonnaise mixture through a sieve. Mix thoroughly. Add some salt to taste, if desired. Serve the deep-fried shrimp and chopped strawberries, kiwis, and grapes in the sauce or separately.