Salad with crispy halloumi and juicy blueberries
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp light sugar syrup
- 2-3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 0.5 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
First make the dressing. Mix all of the ingredients using a whisk or by shaking in a sealed jar.
- 100 g salad leaves of choice
- 1 small red onion (optional)
- 2 medium or 4 small tomatoes
- 200 g halloumi cheese
- 100 g blueberries
- handful of mint leaves
- handful of strawberries
- handful of toasted and chopped hazelnuts or toasted flaked almonds
Wash and dry the salad leaves, thinly slice the onion and halve the larger slices. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, again cutting the larger pieces in half. Place the salad leaves, onion and tomatoes in a bowl and mix in the dressing.
Divide the salad between two to four plates. Grill or fry the cheese over medium heat, until it turns golden or has dark ‘grilling stripes’.
Place the cheese on top of the salad beds, add blueberries, mint leaves, nuts or almond slices, cut strawberries and serve right away. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.